Chief Financial Officer
Duquesne Light Company
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
TEN is an independent energy services company that provides energy projects to government, K12, higher education, healthcare, and large commercial customers. We help our clients make their buildings more efficient, make their cities smarter, and make their operations more resilient.
TEN brings the latest technology, new engineering ideas, and creative solutions to deliver projects quickly and efficiently.
Part of the Duquesne Light Holdings, Inc. (DLH) family of companies, TEN has the capacity to deliver, finance, and guarantee all levels of projects and technology applications.
Responsible for the Company’s accounting functions, formulation and delivery of the Company’s business plan and provision of high level strategic and financial support as a member of the Company’s executive leadership team and the primary liaison for TEN to the DLH finance team.
Strategy, Planning and Management
- Act as a strategic business member of the Company’s senior executive leadership team.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance and alignment to long-term strategic and business goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Provide insight and recommendations to improve the Company’s overall performance and growth.
- In collaboration with the DLH information technology team: Identify, acquire and oversee implementation of systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information and improve operational performance.
- Evaluate departments and make suggestions for automating processes and increasing working efficiency.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives and budgets that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Assist in the identification, evaluation/due diligence and integration of potential acquisitions.
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives (ie: geographic expansion and new products) and, on occasion, lead certain strategic initiatives.
- Evaluate all departments and ensure operational alignment with the goals and objectives of the Company’s Board of Directors.
- Manage external relationships with third party project lending institutions and capital providers.
- In consultation with the DLH treasury team, assess available project financing structures and support internal teams and customers to evaluate options.
- Participate in TEN Board of Director meetings and assist in preparing agenda and supporting materials.
Financial Analysis, Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Ensure proper preparation and presentation of monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss, forecast vs. budget and cash flow.
- Ensure proper preparation and presentation of monthly financial reporting required by the Company’s Board.
- Create analytics and effective operational measurements to monitor performance across the business.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Manage financial planning and analysis department. Supervise creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting, forecasting and operating performance.
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
- Supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, and financial software.
- Ensure regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems.
- Hire, develop and manage financial and accounting staff
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Work with Human Resources to ensure appropriate legal compliance.
- In collaboration with the DLH treasury team; manage insurance and bonding programs.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocations.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits as required due to materiality considerations.
- Serve as a key point of contact for parent company on all financial and accounting matters and manage preparation and support of all Company financial and accounting reporting to parent company.
- Oversee weekly cash management and AP, approve large payables, be signatory on checks and authorize large wires and ACHs.
- Supervise Accounts Receivable management and provide guidance relating to the collection process.
- Prepare rolling cash forecasts with appropriate consideration of appropriate risk adjustments.