IT Lead Financial Analyst - Remote
Location: Canonsburg, PA - Remote
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world's most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
The Lead Financial Analyst – Shared Services FP&A will be a key resource supporting the Information Technology organization. Under the guidance and direction of the Manager – Shared Services FP&A, this resource will assume operational ownership of the development of the annual financial budget, quarterly forecasts, capital budgeting, and the long-range financial plan. Assist in the design and deployment of key operating metrics, provide accurate and timely analysis to Senior Leadership, and support the Company’s Shared Services functions with accurate and consistent financial analysis.
Maintain the existing reporting and forecasting standards while looking for ways to improve and leverage system functionality to streamline processes. Work with the Shared Services leaders to budget, forecast and track spend for all operating expenses. Prepare monthly presentations of operating expense and capital spend results with concise analyses of variances to forecast, plan and prior year results.
- Develop strong business relationships with IT SMEs and Management to drive processes to thoroughly monitor, track and advise on financial matters
- Responsible for developing detailed budgets, variance reports and accurate and timely forecasts supporting run the business activities globally and for new acquisitions
- Prepare detailed monthly financial results package for various Shared Services groups. This will include variance analysis to plan, prior forecast, and prior year
- Partner with IT and Accounting to monitor and develop accurate accruals
- Provide financial guidance regarding purchasing and procurement matters including capital vs. expense treatment, business case development, purchase requisition approvals and PO/contract monitoring
- Prepare monthly financial reports on capital investments and lead monthly business reviews with cross-functional stakeholders
- In conjunction with Shared Services leadership, prepare quarterly Operating and Capital Forecasts
- Build and maintain financial models to support internal decision making for a variety of business initiatives
- Provide finance support to Shared Services functional leads as requested
- Help us build a world-class FP&A organization by developing, standardizing, maintaining, and driving continuous improvement of all planning and forecast process