R&D Verification Engineer II, Electronics
Location: Canonsburg, PA
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation. We empower the world’s most innovative companies to deliver transformational products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software solutions, we help our customers solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. Whether you are a software developer, product engineer, sales team member, or part of our corporate team, at Ansys we know that by embracing what makes us each unique, we become collectively better.
The R&D Verification Engineer II joins the Electronics and Semiconductor Business Unit (ESBU) to conduct software testing of ANSYS applications such as HFSS 3D Layout and SIwave. This role assesses how well the product meets customer needs both in terms of functionality and usability and ensures that product requirements and quality standards are satisfied. The role works closely with other members of the product creation team and communicates with technical specialists on product issues.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Specify and write test cases, creates, modify and update existing tests, write and maintain test scripts
- Perform functional, application, regression and performance testing in manual and/or automated test environments and investigate possible causes of problems
- Create test plans, participate in defect management and testing metrics
- Apply standard techniques and procedures and comply with the company's overall development and testing processes
- Work in a variety of computing environments: Windows, Linux, Virtual Machines, Compute Clusters, Cloud, etc.
- Understand and reproduce product defects, and work with developers to determine the best resolution.
- Approve product releases from development when feature specifications and quality standards are reached.