Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Howmet Aerospace Inc. has an immediately available opportunity for a full-time Windows Server Operations Lead in our Global Information Systems group in Pittsburgh, PA.
The Windows Operations Lead role is responsible for the management and leadership of daily operations within Howmet Aerospace’s Windows Server platform. The successful candidate will have broad experience throughout Microsoft’s data center offerings and strong leadership skills.
This role is responsible for the oversight of incident and problem response, managing SLAs, change management, patching and day to day support of our data center specific Microsoft technologies.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Manage a team that includes employees as well as on and off-shore contractors to ensure reliable and effective 24x7 operational support for Howmet’s Windows Server platform.
- Maintain an in-depth awareness of Microsoft technologies, roadmaps, and development activities.
- Lead and ensure the timely completion of all relevant compliance activities.
- Partner with Windows Engineering team in the design and implementation of new Microsoft technologies.
- Lead Proactive monitoring, tracking, and reporting efforts as well as ongoing process and system improvements in the Windows Server platform.
- Management of pertinent SLAs within key metrics.
- Lead Sev.1 and Sev.2 problem/incident management and escalation in the Windows Server space.
- Analyze changes to the current environment to ensure that current architecture can support changes.