Location: Sharpsburgh, PA
Deeplocal is seeking a full-time Integration Engineer to architect and engineer beautiful, interactive exhibits and objects for the world’s leading technology brands. This role will be based in Pittsburgh, PA.
With an understanding of software, electronics, and mechanical movements, Integration Engineers transform theoretical creative ideas into real, functioning electromechanical objects and installations—under short, fixed timelines. This role designs the intelligent integrated system from the start of the production process and remains a critical leader on the team through project delivery.
The ideal candidate for this position cares deeply about the quality of their work, desires a sense of project ownership, can break down and solve problems, and has an eye for good aesthetic design. Qualified candidates may come from backgrounds in robotics, integrated engineering and design, or a hybrid of disciplines such as interaction design, architecture, electrical and electronics engineering, software engineering, and mechanical engineering.
- Architects and engineers integrated systems that combine software, electronics, and mechanical movements
- Delivers functional, reliable systems. Is aware of component integration, selects appropriate communication platforms, and identifies potential risks
- Adapts and modifies best practice testing and Q/A to fit aggressive project timelines. Minimizes risk without missing project deadlines
- Supports and commissions projects on site—performing on-the-ground debugging and technical problem solving of electromechanical and software systems while remaining calm and positive
- Travels 15-20% of the year, sometimes internationally—ranging from brief two day trips to longer two week trips
- Fabricates parts to the appropriate tolerances and finishes when necessary
- Accurately assembles and directs the assembly of electromechanical systems